Wednesday, October 31, 2012

PAUL CRAIG PHOTOGRAPHY FOR LIZZO

Today we would like to present you Paul Craig. He is the photographer behind some of the wonderful photos taken in our showroom in the UK. When we saw his work, we fell in love with it and wanted to count on him for an exiting new project, Lizzo’ s own line of furniture, which was presented to the public during Focus in London. 

According to Paul, his passion for photography began at an early age; “I has always taken pictures. My mum still has the first picture I ever took when I was just a couple of years old. It's a black and white portrait of my mum and dad with part of their heads missing, taken at a strange angle with my grandfather's camera”.
He commented regarding how he got his passion about interior design photography. “I shot my first magazine cover of a minor celebrity at 16, but I didn't try interior photography until much later, by chance when a designer asked me if I would take some pictures of a house. It seems stupid now, but I hadn't considered marrying my love of photography and interior design. The way light falls through a window onto a beautifully designed piece of furniture gives me goose bumps.” 

About his work with Lizzo he said, “The Goya sofa is a wonderful piece of design, it's deceptively simple. It has incredibly beautiful lines and each angle surprises you with something unexpected. Lizzo products are classically beautiful, yet absolutely contemporary. Everything has a depth and a richness which immediately sets it apart. I've fallen in love with the Velvet Library Intense and I'm going to design a piece of furniture for my bedroom using the grey.” He also added, “ my job is much easier when you love what you are taking pictures of. It also helps when the client is creative and fun. I had a great day collaborating with the amazing Lizzo team on this set of images, and I think it shines through in the results.”

The result is an attractive Lizzo´s furniture catalog intended for the English market but also soon be available in other markets. We hope you like. 

To know more about this artist http://www.pcraig.co.uk

Paul Craig

Lizzo - Goya sofa


Lizzo - Goya sofa

Lizzo - Goya sofa


Lizzo - Goya sofa

Lizzo - Goya sofa

PAUL CRAIG FOTOGRAFÍA PARA LIZZO

Hoy nos gustaría presentaros a Paul Craig. Él es el fotógrafo que hay detrás de las maravillosas imágenes que hemos realizado recientemente en nuestro Showroom de UK.

Según nos comenta Paul, su interés por la fotografía comenzó a muy temprana edad: “Yo hago fotos desde siempre. Mi madre todavía conserva la primera foto que hice con apenas 2 años. Se trata de una instantánea en blanco y negro tomada con la cámara de mi abuelo, desde un extraño ángulo donde aparecen mis padres, a los que les falta parte de la cabeza”.

Sobre cómo comenzó su pasión por la fotografía de interiores, Paul añade:“Hice mi primera portada a los 16 años pero no empecé a fotografiar interiores hasta mucho mas tarde cuando me lo ofrecieron por casualidad. Ahora me parece una tontería no haber pensado antes en unir mi amor por la fotografía con el diseño de interiores; la forma en la que la luz entra por una ventana e ilumina una pequeña parte de un mueble, me pone la piel de gallina.”

Cuando vimos sus fotos y su forma de trabajar, nos enamoró y por eso quisimos contar con él para un gran proyecto, una línea propia de muebles que se presentó durante la semana de Focus en Londres.
Sobre su trabajo con Lizzo Paul nos dijo: “El sofá Goya es una maravillosa pieza de diseño, es aparentemente simple pero tiene líneas increíblemente bellas y sorprendentes. Los productos de Lizzo tienen una belleza clásica aunque son totalmente contemporáneos. Todo tiene una gran profundidad y riqueza que lo distingue. Me he enamorado de la colección de terciopelos, tanto que voy a diseñar un mueble para mi dormitorio con el color gris.” También añadió, Mi trabajo es mucho más fácil cuando me gusta lo que fotografío. Por supuesto, ayuda que el cliente sea creativo y divertido. Pasé un día estupendo trabajando con el increíble equipo de Lizzo y eso creo que se nota en los resultados obtenidos.”

El resultado es un atractivo catálogo de muebles Lizzo dirigido al mercado inglés pero que muy pronto estará también disponible en el resto de mercados. Esperamos que os guste.

Par conocer más sobre este artista: http://www.pcraig.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment